Parents and family members: Below you will find helpful information to help you guide your student through the first year at Texas State. If your student has any questions or concerns regarding classes, majors, or campus resources, please encourage them to contact our office.
Frequently Asked Questions by Parents and Family Members
- Before New Student Orientation (NSO)
During Fall and Spring Semesters
- How do I know if my student is a PACE student?
- What services does PACE provide?
- Where can I find information about first day of classes, class registration, etc.?
- When can my student meet with an academic advisor?
- How can my student make an advising appointment?
- Can I attend an appointment with my student or talk to an advisor on behalf of my student?
- My student is unsure of a major. What can I do to help?
- I am concerned about my student. What resources are available on campus?
- After the First Year