B.A. in Mass Communication and Spanish with a minor in broadcast journalism
M.A. in General Counseling
Person-centered conversational approach, with unconditional, positive regard for the student.
- Focused discussion over student self-exploration, self-esteem building, and self-care
- Reflective conversation with student regarding their values, interests, and strengths
- Assist student by guiding them in making their own informed decisions
Areas of Specialty
- Over 5 years’ experience in college and career services on a college campus
- 3.5 years’ experience with vocational rehabilitation services
- 1.5 years’ experience in mental health services for incarcerated men
- A strong background working with individuals whom are differently-abled and first-year college students
- A passion for advocating and working with minority groups and ensuring equal access for all
- Extensive experience working with students transitioning from high school, through higher education and on to their first career.