Ask an Advisor
The PACE Ask an Advisor feature allows you to ask quick questions, which are answered by a PACE on-call advisor. Please read the information below before using Ask an Advisor.
Ask an Advisor: Policies and Procedures
- In order for a PACE advisor to answer your question quickly, we need the following information:
- Please include your first and last name, Texas State ID number, and your Texas State email address (if possible)
- Please be specific with your question(s) and/or request(s). The more information you provide to us, the faster we can help you find an answer.
- Please submit one request for multiple questions. If necessary, please number your questions.
- After you submit your question, you will receive an email response from a PACE academic advisor
- Email responses will be sent only Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- During non-peak times, you should receive a response the same business day. During peak times (registration access periods), responses from Ask an Advisor may take up to two business days.
Use Ask an Advisor for the any of the following:
- Question about a Texas State academic policy or procedure
- Information about a campus resource
- General questions about degree requirements or course prerequisites
- Academic questions, comments, or concerns
Please do NOT use Ask an Advisor for the following:
- If you need to have an academic advising and/or academic probation hold removed
- If you want to know what classes you should take next semester
- If you would like to schedule a meeting with a PACE Academic Advisor
- If you have questions about your academic status and progress
Each of these will require a full 30-minute academic advising appointment. Please schedule a meeting with a PACE advisor if you need assistance with any of the above.