- PACE Academic Advising is open for appointments Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with your appointment information and PACE Academic Advising's appointment and no-show policies.
- You must be a current PACE student to meet with a PACE Academic Advisor.
- You can schedule your appointment via phone at 512.245.7223, in person at UAC 122, or online.
- Appointments must be made at least 30 minutes in advance.
- Advising appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes each.
- All PACE Academic Advising appointments take place in the Undergraduate Academic Center. Check-in is located in the main lobby, UAC 122.
- You will be required to present/confirm your Texas State student ID when you check in for your appointment.
You can cancel or reschedule an advising appointment by speaking directly with a PACE Academic Advising staff member by phone (512.245.7223) or in person (UAC 122). Please contact us as far in advance as possible so that we can make our best effort to offer that appointment time to another student. Please give a minimum of 30-minutes advance notice for cancellations. Remember: PACE Academic Advising serves thousands of students each semester. Help us use our time wisely so that we can serve you and your first-year classmates well.
Late Arrival Policy
Students who arrive more than fifteen minutes* after their scheduled appointment time may have their appointment recorded as a No-Show.
* In cases where the scheduled appointment is an hour long, a grace period of 30 minutes will be permitted.
No Show Policy
Students with three No-Shows will forfeit the right to schedule appointments until they talk with our drop-in advisor.
These policies are meant to be fair and equitable to all students. During peak advising periods (e.g., registration), appointment spots are in high demand. When you miss your advising appointment, you risk having to sign up for classes later than your designated registration time and losing the ability to schedule an appointment in advance. When you fail to meet for a scheduled appointment, you are also denying fellow students the opportunity to be advised promptly. Please be courteous when scheduling and canceling appointments.