PACE Success Team
As a PACE student, you have a dedicated group of professionals who will work together to support your transition into college life and Texas State University throughout your first year. Your assigned team includes an academic advisor, career counselor, peer mentor, academic coach, and your University Seminar faculty member.
Resources for Your First-Year & Beyond
Brilliant Bobcats: College Success Workshop Series is focused on teaching students various strategies and skills for college success. The College Success Workshop Series is a collaboration between the division of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs.
Past presentations have included:
- Breaking Bad Study Habits
- Close Your Eyes and Count to Zen: Managing Stress in College
- Driven to Succeed: Increasing Motivation
- The Finals Countdown
- Go For Your Goals
- Making the Grade: Test-taking Strategies
- Money Matters: Financial Fitness Strategies
- Putting off Procrastination
- Say What?!? Tips to Overcome Public Speaking Anxiety
- Smart Start: Organizing Your Semester
- Spending Plans
- Surviving the In-class Essay
- Take Note: Effective Note-taking
- Up for the Challenge: Student Stories of Success
- Where Does the Time Go: Time Management Strategies
Undergraduate students from the H-LSAMP Scholars Program provide free walk-in tutoring covering basic and advanced courses in STEM: biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, mathematics, and physics.
Tutoring Schedule: http://hlsamp.cose.txstate.edu/clc/clc-tutoring.html
Texas State University Math CATS, sponsored by the Department of Mathematics, provides free drop-in math tutoring in a personalized atmosphere. Their goal is to provide students with academic support in a comfortable learning environment. Students can go in to receive individualized help, to form study groups and to build friendships. In addition to the tutoring service, they have computers available for individual mathematics work, general research and school use.
The computers are connected to our university network and are accessible to all students, faculty and staff. The available software applications include but are not limited to: Microsoft Office, Firefox, Mathematica, Fathom, SPSS, MatLab, R/R Studio, Geometer's Sketchpad, and LaTeX.
The Student Learning Assistance Center, better known around campus as SLAC, is a multi-faceted academic support program for all Texas State students. They provide tutoring services (individual, group, online), Supplemental Instruction (collaborative group study for specific courses), learning and study skills workshops, and learning specialist consultations free of charge.
SLAC provides tutoring in the following subjects: Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, CIS, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Geography, History, Math, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Select Modern Languages, and Statistics.
The Writing Center provides 1:1 writing tutoring focusing on organization, clarity, style and grammar.
Counseling Center services are free, confidential, and provided by trained professionals to currently enrolled Texas State students while classes are in session.
Counseling Center Services include brief individual, group, and couples counseling, consultation and crisis response, and workshops about coping with stress and other mental health topics.
Career Services empowers the diverse Texas State community to develop their full potential and enhance their personal excellence and professional marketability by providing strategic career guidance and opportunities to connect with employers worldwide.
- Meet one-on-one with a Career Counselor for individualized career exploration
- Assistance with your resume and cover letter
- Job interview preparation
- Job search assistance
- Connect with employers through:
- On-campus recruiting
- Job Fairs
The Dean of Students Office strives to set standards of excellence in the delivery of student services and to foster a welcoming environment that is inclusive, safe and conducive to learning.
Attorney for Students:
- Legal Advice,
- Counsel, and Referral
- Free notary services
- Free review of apartment leases
Student Emergency Services:
- Absence Notification Service with formal documentation provided by student
- Emergency Financial Assistance in cases such as apartment fires or natural disasters
- Provides personal assistance to students in achieving resolutions to university related challenges
The mission of the Office of Disability Services is to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to all university programs and activities. We provide students the opportunity to reach their full potential by coordinating academic accommodations and support services.
- Approval of accommodations for academic exams and quizzes
- Assistance in Accessing Adaptive Computer Equipment
- Alternative Text/Audio Books
- Disability Management Counseling
- Information and Referral to on-campus and off-campus Resources
- Liaison and Advocacy Between Students, Faculty and Staff
- Volunteer Note Takers
- Referral for Tutoring
- Special Groups Registration for Classes
ITAC is your one-stop-shop for technology needs and questions.
They provide robust and cost-effective information technology assistance to the Texas State community, supporting academic instruction, university administration, student services, and research activities.
- Wireless Network
- E-mail Set-up
- Calendar Set-up
• Microsoft Office
• Adobe CS
• JMP Pro 11
• Anti-virus/Malware Protection